Here is a simple extension to create custom labels, make User Profiles dynamic and engaging by adding descriptions, WordPress profile tags, and custom profile labels to your WordPress website.
The Profile Labels extension helps in making your website profiles stand out by adding any type of custom label to your group members.
The extension helps in including additional data on WP user profiles in a few simple clicks.
From adding an optional description, custom profile labels to WordPress, WordPress profile tags, to assigning more than one label to one WP user profile, name it and you can get it done.
This article explains the features and stepwise procedure to install and utilize the Profile Labels extension to create custom labels of any kind in your user profiles or member profiles on your WordPress website.
Overview – Profile Labels ProfileGrid Extension for Creating Custom Labels
The Profile Labels extension is useful in including a label on the user’s front-end profile in WordPress.
With the help of this extension, you can add any relevant data, profile tags, such as the designation of the user or job role.
This helps display extra information on every user’s profile page, which can be further utilized to search the user.
Imagine you have a global business and need to search Marketing Manager from Sweden individually, a tedious task!
Wouldn’t it be easier to simply assign a designation label and search with designation whenever you want?
Highlights – Profile Labels Extension
The Profile Labels extension has multiple valuable features;
- Admin of the website can create custom labels for profiles, which can be included in the profile of users.
- It is possible to assign multiple custom Profile Labels to more than one user. Just visit the dashboard and then the Members page for this task.
- A group can also have more than one custom label for Profile. Both existing and new groups contain this feature.
- Admin can filter the members of the group according to a particular label. (This can be done through the Dashboard > ProfileGrid >Members page)
- You can give an optional Description to your custom labels in Profile. (This is visible when the viewer hovers over the Profile Label)
- On the search page of your website, it is possible to filter users according to custom labels that you have/ will create.
Create Custom Labels – Profile Labels Extension
ProfileGrid Memberships plugin offers multiple free and paid extensions. Of which, one is Profile Labels.
To integrate Profile Labels extension to your WordPress, follow the below steps:
- Visit the extensions page of ProfileGrid Memberships and find Profile Label Extension from the extensions menu. Then complete the checkout process. Or simply click here.
You can buy for a Single website or Unlimited websites.
You don’t need to buy this extension separately if you already have ProfileGrid Premium, Premium+, MetaBundle or MetaBundle+ (This extension is already a part of the mentioned packages)
2. Upload and activate the extension.
3. Next, head over to the Dashboard on the left and click on ProfileGrid, and then Extensions
4. Now search for Profile Labels Extension and click on Options
This is what you will see
The installation part is completed!
Next, we will show how you can Create Custom Labels or Edit existing Custom Labels
1. For creating custom labels click on New Label
2. Then fill in the details like, what label you want to add in the Title section. (this will create a custom label with the exact name on the frontend)
Apart from the Title section, you can also add a Description of the title, choose your favorite border color and background color,
You can simply skip the Description field (if you want to).
3. That’s all.
Once you have added these details, Save the label. (in case you don’t save, then the changes will not be saved)
In just a few clicks, you can create custom labels for your user profiles.
Moreover, to Edit the label, you can simply click on Edit whichever label you want to edit.
if you want to delete one or multiple custom labels, just select the labels that you want to delete and click on Delete next to New Label.
Assigning the custom Label to a User Profile
Now once the custom labels for profiles are created, we will show how to assign those labels to the user profiles.
- Go to the Dashboard and then the Members page of your ProfileGrid Membership Plugin.
2. From here, select one or multiple users to assign custom labels to the Profile, then click on the Assign Label option.
3. From the pop-up select as many custom labels as you want to and click on Assign
After assigning the custom labels, go to the front-end and check how it looks,
As we said before, you can assign single or multiple custom labels to a single profile.
Custom labels enhance the profile and make it very user-friendly for you to manage and showcase your users.
Now, when you want to find the Marketing Manager, just go ahead and search for it
Similarly, you can create custom labels like Country, Phone number, email id, or social profiles, etc.
This is a very handy and useful feature when you have a large number of user-profiles and user groups.
This small custom label extension can help you save a lot of time.
On WordPress, plugins, and extensions enhance the features and capabilities of your website.
ProfileGrid Memberships and its extensions are amazing tools that help in creating an engaging and lively community of users, WooCommerce customer profiles, WordPress member profiles, WordPress custom user profiles, WordPress front-end profile, and much more.
We have shown you how you can create custom labels for your user profiles in just a few clicks.
Not only this, but
These extensions empower the website admin to simplify work and improve process workflow.
The Profile Labels extension is beneficial in including descriptions and custom labels on user profiles.
If in any case, you face glitches, contact us through the comment box below, we would happy to help.