To access Friends System:
- Click “ProfileGrid” on left side dashboard admin menu
- Click on “Global Settings” option
- Control will be directed to new page containing various global settings available for ProfileGrid
- Click on “Friends System” link
Friends System allows for typical social networking functionality, where you can add other registered members as friends. Main advantage of adding other members as friends is that it will allow sharing blog posts with members who are friends alone- a new privacy option will appear while submitting blog posts.
- Once Friends System is enabled:
- On front end, each member profile will have a section named “Friends” displaying the user’s added friends.
- Each member profile will have “Add Friend” button to initiate a friend request to that user.
- Members receiving the friend request will be able to accept or reject it via “Notifications” section:
- Accepted friend requests will list the member profile link under “Friends” section:
Various settings related to Friends System are:
Allow/ Disallow Making Friends: Toggle Friends functionality on/ off.
Allow sending request to person who rejected earlier request:Allow resending of friend requests to users who have earlier rejected the request.
After how many days?: Define number of days after which a user can resend friend request to another user who has earlier deleted his/ her request.