We live in an era of social interactions and internet-based communications. This requires your users to share insights with their friends and family members on a frequent basis. WordPress custom profile page can be a great option. However, that is not possible without having a feature to upload status on WordPress profiles of users. Luckily, ProfileGrid has multiple useful extensions that help us extend the capabilities of our WordPress website. These unique extensions make ProfileGrid one of the best WordPress user profile plugins. One such extension is the User Profile Status extension. It is a simple answer to your ‘how to add status’ question. You can use this extension to add an upload status feature to the WordPress profile of your users. Moreover, it gives users an easy option to upload status on profile. Read on to know-how.
Moving forward, we will discuss the overview, features, and stepwise installation procedure of the User Profile Status extension. Check out.
Overview of User Profile Status Extension
The User Profile Status extension is an extremely valuable feature that helps you include a status option on user profiles. This means that once you install this extension, your users will get an ‘Add Status’ tab on their profile. The buttons can be renamed as ‘Add Profile Status’ or ‘Add Profile Photo.’ You can also attach the ‘Add Photo’ option to this tab to allow users to post and share statuses that contain media files, such as images.
Once a user uploads a status or image through this option, it would be visible on their profile to other users as well.
Isn’t it an amazing option to stay connected and share insights with members of a group or community?
Features of User Profile Status Extension
User Profile Status extension has some outstanding features. Let’s see what are these.
- Admin can add this extension to allow users to view, add profile status, and share profile statues from their respective profiles.
- It is possible to set a duration for the statuses, which would be calculated with respect to the time when it is being uploaded.
- Admins also have the power to add the appearance time of status to specify for how much time status would appear on the profile.
- However, when this appearance is set to 0, the auto-changing of profile statuses can be disabled.
- Any user can upload more than one status at any time.
- Users have the option to upload images with their status or images as the status, including a caption.
- Users can also change the color-coding of the background before uploading their text-based statuses.
- The number of views related to specific status is visible on the profile.
- From these views, users can check which other users have viewed their profiles.
Steps to Install User Profile Status Extension and how to add status
In some simple steps, you can install and start using the User Profile Status extension. Below we have explained the step-by-step process for the same. Read on to install the User Profile Status extension.
- Visit the ProfileGrid’s extension page and purchase the extension. After purchasing, go to your Admin and Activate this extension.
This extension costs only USD 39 for a one-time purchase. Just this purchase can help you enable profile statuses on every user profile.
2. Once you have installed the User Profile extension, go to the Options from Extensions menu and open ‘Profile Status Settings’. From here, you can change the settings and adjust the features of the extension according to your requirements.
3. The first step is to hit the toggle button to Enable Profile Status. This would help you enable this feature on every user profile. Following this step, you can change the preferences of this feature.
4. Now, you need to select the duration for profile status. This defines the time for which the profile status would appear. It is calculated from the time the status is uploaded.
5. After this, select the duration of the status. This can be seconds, hours, days, or minutes. According to your preferences, you can select the right type. Generally, statuses are visible for 24 hours and that’s what we have set in the given example image.
6. Finally, you need to select the seconds for which your status would appear before the next status is shown. This means that if you enter 20, then your status would appear for 20 seconds, and then the next status would come up.
If you set this value to 0, then you can disable the auto-changing of your profile statuses.
7. In the end, you only need to save the settings. This would display a Profile Status option on the profiles of your users.
You can change the settings and preferences of this extension anytime you want. Simply follow the above steps to achieve that.
If you have a community of users who are active on your platform, then it seems logical to offer them functionalities that can help them connect easily. And what could be a better option than the best WordPress user profile plugin, ProfileGrid? The User Profile Status extension for ProfileGrid provides a simpler method to upload and share statuses with other users. Read the above steps and install the extension now. You can check out other dynamic features such as WordPress custom profile page, WordPress user profile page, dynamic WordPress frontend profile, WordPress edit profile frontend, and more with this striking WP user profile plugin. If you face issues while installation or changing settings of this WP user profile plugin extension, comment below. We would reach out to you with a solution.