Unlocking bbPress User Profiles
ProfileGrid’s bbPress User Profiles extension is absolutely free.
The ProfileGrid team now offers you the opportunity to connect your favorite community forum plugin, bbPress, with your most beloved profile management system, ProfileGrid. Combining the capabilities of both these powerful systems will transform your WordPress website into a full-fledged social community or membership platform.
Our Free bbPress Integration extension is what you’ll need to integrate them both together. Since it is required that ProfileGrid and bbPress are active before installing the extension, this guide will assume that you already have both of them activated on your website. If not, please go ahead and activate them right away.
Integrating bbPress with ProfileGrid
Now that you have both ProfileGrid and bbPress active, let’s move forward and integrate them together. Just follow these simple steps…
- Download our Free bbPress Integration extension
- Install and activate the extension on your WordPress website (Check out the Manual WordPress Plugin Installation Guide)
- Access the ‘Global Settings’ from the the ‘ProfileGrid’ Dashboard menu and click on ‘bbPress Integration’
- On the ‘bbPress Integration’ setting screen, enable the setting and click on the ‘Save’ button
bbPress User Profiles Options
Enabling bbPress Integration from the Global Settings will add three new options to each ProfileGrid Group. You can check out these options by clicking on the ‘Settings’ link on any ProfileGrid Group. These three new options are…
- Enable Forums Tab: Adds a ‘Forums’ tab to each ProfileGrid Profile that is a member of that Group.
- Member Can Create New Topics: Any member of the Group can create new bbPress Forum Topics.
- Member Can Create New Replies: Any member of the Group can create new Replies for bbPress Topics.
Related: Free WooCommerce User Profiles
In addition to all this, the bbPress User Profiles Integration makes the Picture and Name in a bbPress user profile link to its ProfileGrid Profile. Essentially making the ProfileGrid Profile of a user as his/her online persona for all bbPress activity.