Welcome to the most versatile user profile system for WordPress
This page features everything that ProfileGrid offers. Click the tabs on left to browse through different sub-sections for details.
User Groups in ProfileGrid allow you great amount of flexibility while using them. Groups can be used in multiple ways and to segregate different processed on your site. You can use ProfileGrid Groups to:
- Create different set of profile fields specific to each Group.
- Create different registration forms for each Group with different registration approval process.
- Display all Groups on a single page providing option to the end user to sign up for a group of his/ her choice.
- Set different membership price for each Group.
- Set Group Badge for each Group which will show on User Profiles prominently.
- Treat each Group as closed privacy shall to restrict content.
- Filter user accounts in dashboard area based on Groups.
- Import users using a CSV file and siphon them into a single group.
- Set up a Group leader with privileges to edit Group properties and act as moderator of the Group.
- Display all Users of a Group as user directory on front-end with additional option to display Group properties.
- Allow users to post Blogs and Wall Posts* visible only to their Group members.
- Users will receive notifications* for their Group's activities.
- Each Group can have it's own member limit.
- Each Group can inherit user privileges from different WordPress User Roles.
While creating a Group, you will need to set up it's properties. These property values play vital role in how the Group appears on the front-end and its administration. All Groups are Managed through Groups Manager.
- Group's Name or Title.
- Group Description.
- Group Icon/ Badge.
- Hide or Show Group details card on front end.
- Set a limit for number of Users inside the Group. (Optional)
- Display a custom message when a user tries to sign up for a Group that has reached its limit. (Optional)
- Associate WordPress Role from which the Users will inherit privileges.
- Define a Group Leader from list of Users inside the Group. (Optional)
- Set a membership price for the Group. (Optional)
- Set a post registration redirection - Display a custom message or redirect to a page. (Optional)
- Display a custom message after successful registration. (Optional)
- Set up customized email notifications for Users during registration process. (Optional)
- Pick Email templates for the following events - Registration, User Activation, User Deactivation, Password Change. (Optional)
The All Groups page displays the Groups on your site in a grid layout. Clicking on the title will take user to Users Directory of that Group. The All Groups page can be used to display User Groups on your site and allowing visitors to sign up from a choice of Groups. Paid Groups will also display their price on their display cards. Each Group card displays:
- Group Name.
- Group Icon/ Badge.
- A snippet from Group's description.
- Price of of membership.
- Registration Button.
User registration process is integral part of ProfileGrid. You can define the fields required to be filled in by the user while registering. You also have option to display all fields on a single page or spread over multiple pages (a multi-page registration form). Fields are combined into fieldsets, where each fieldset is named after a group section you have already created. This reflection of user profile sections and fields in registration form is akin to filling in essential profile data to get started. This essential data is defined by the admin.
It also means, each group will have its own registration form with separate fields and fieldsets opening new possibilities like setting separate success messages, redirections and confirmation emails template.
- Separate registration form for each user group.
- Ability to decide which custom fields to show on each registration form.
- Option to show form on a single page or spread over multiple pages.
- Option to add icons to labels.
- Over 35 types of custom fields to choose from.
- Drag and drop ordering of custom fields and pages.
- Define fields as mandatory.
Different events trigger different types of emails to the users. Each User Group can have its set of emails mapped to different events. Email templates are managed inside Email Template Manager area of dashboard where you can create as many email templates as you like. Each template can have its own subject and merge fields, thus automatically filling values from user profiles allowing you to send personalized messages. The events supported are:
- Registration Form submission
- User Activation/ Approval
- User Deactivation
- User Deletion
Privacy and restriction work on many levels of ProfileGrid. Different levels are controlled by admins, users and bound to features themselves. One of the most common type is content restriction. ProfileGrid adds Content Restriction settings to all existing pages or posts in your dashboard. Using this setting you can set privacy levels for any type of content on your site. More importantly, ProfileGrid introduces Group level privacy allowing you to create and set customized privacy settings for different Group of users on your site. This is also extended to other areas of ProfileGrid. Here are some examples of privacy and restriction options in ProfileGrid:
- Admins can set privacy levels of posts and pages.
- Admins can set privacy levels of user profile data.
- Users can set privacy levels of their blog posts.
- Admins can restrict friend requests outside groups.
- Group Wall posts are automatically restricted to group members.
- Group Gallery images are automatically restricted to group members.
Group directory is a specialized user directory view displayed Group information and its members as user cards. You can decided to hide Group information and define which user fields to show on user cards. Group information includes:
- Group Name
- Group Badge
- Number of Members
- Name of the Group Leader (if defined)
- Editing button (for Group Leader only)
User Cards will display:
- User Avatar
- Field Labels, Icons and Values defined by the admin to be displayed here
Profile pages form the core of ProfileGrid. Each profile page represents a single member on your site and can be reached through multiple ways, most common being from a users directory. Profile pages are styled to fit any theme and look good with any amount of user data. The default theme has neutral colors and is aesthetically pleasant. A horizontal menu below the header area allows easy navigation among different areas of the profile. A vertical menu in 'About' sections allows navigating different profile sections. Some areas of profile are only accessible to the profile owner like account settings, messaging, notifciations etc. For any member, this is the most personalized area of the site and allows easy access to different activities available to them. Here are the important features of user profiles:
- Cover Image
- User Avatar
- User Group
- Group Badge
- Profile Navigation Menu
- About area with sections as vertical menu
- Blogs area
- Friends area
- Messaging area
- Notifications area
- Group Wall
- Group Gallery
Each profile has multiple editing and managing options accessible to profile owners. These include:
- Upload, change and remove the cover image, with cropping options
- Upload, change and remove the profile image (avatar), with cropping options
- Change Password
- Edit profile fields in a separate editing area
- Managing friends (accept or cancel requests, remove from friends list etc.)
- Managing Notifications
- Managing conversations
Sections contain subsets of information about a user, organized into profile fields. Instead of cramping all fields in a single block, ProfileGrid allows you to divide them into sections. For example - Personal, Professional, Awards etc. Each section forms an individual tab in left side profile menu. You can add as many sections you like, toggle their order, rename them or even delete them if required later. If you don't want any sections, we've you covered! Just assign all profile fields to single section. It will remove the sections menu completely with all profile fields visible.
User directory displays all users in on a site, along with simple and advanced search options. Search results are filtered in realtime using AJAX. User cards are smaller in this case to accommodate large number of users and search results. Here are the features available in User Directory:
- Shortcode based
- Simple search box with advance button
- Advance search allows limiting search results to specific user profile fields
- User card displays user avatar with usernames
- Search results are filtered in realtime as user types keyword in search box
Messaging allows users on your site to send private messages to each other. Users will have dedicated area in their profiles to manage conversations with multiple users. Each message will be time stamped with status of the sender (Online or Offline). New messages can also be composed by entering @username in 'To' area. The integrated messaging system includes:
- Admins can toggle messaging system on off
- Conversation can be initiated by clicking on 'Message' button on any user profile
- All conversations are neatly managed in 'Messages' area of user profiles
- Left column will show all the conversations and right column will display messages in currently selected conversation
- Users can delete any conversation
- Users can use plain text and smilies to express themselves
- Users can also compose a new message by type recipient as @username in the new message window. Realtime autofill will allow them to select matching usernames from a drop down list
- Users can see status of the other users live in their messaging area
- Messages are displayed as bubbles with user avatar overlaid on them
- Left column will show last activity in each conversation
- Messages tab will show new messages count badge in real time
ProfileGrid features a robust friend system. Apart from user groups, this introduces a second circle of privacy allowing users to share content in multiple ways. Users can send/ receive friend requests, manage friends list, share blogs with their friends and more. A complete list of features is below:
- Admins can toggle friend system on/ off
- Admins can set number of days before a user is allow to resend friend request to another user who had rejected it earlier
- Users can send friend request to any other user from his/ her profile page
- Friend requests are received as notification cards and recipient can either accept or delete it
- When someone accepts friend request, its notification appears in sender's Notification tab
- Users can see friend requests they sent and have received, in Friends tab
- Users can cancel any sent friend request which is pending
- Users can delete any friend request they have received
- Users can unfriend and friend from their list. Batch selection is supported
- Users can initiate a conversation with any of their friends directly from the friends list
Online mode of social interaction between members of specific groups can add a new layer of communication and interactivity. Profile Grid provides a new extension just for this purpose, enabling group users can come together, share their posts (in form of photos and text), and comment on the posts of other users.
Be it exchange of ideas within an enclosed group, or posting of central notifications by group leaders or admins- Group Wall extension is an ideal solution.
- Easy to Setup: Once extension is installed, Group Photos can be enabled from the Global Settings with a single click
- Album Based Grouping: For clutter-free management of images, they are arranged neatly into albums
- Photo Details: Ability to add text details to photos by member uploading them
- Comments: Photos can be commented upon by group members