On Custom Fields Manager, clicking on “NEW FIELD” will bring up pop-up window that will allow user to choose from vast range of field types:
From simple information capturing to social network related data, fields allows a huge scope for flexibility and range on the forms.
Here is brief synopsis of each of the available fields:
- First Name: This field is connected directly to WordPress’ User Profile First Name field.
- Last Name: This field is connected directly to WordPress’ User Profile Last Name field.
- User Name: If you want members to login using Username instead of email.
- User URL: Allows members to add website address to their profiles.
- Password: Allows members to define their own password during registration.
- Confirm Password: To be used in conjunction with Password field.
- Biographical Info: Allows members to enter long text.
- Profile Image: Allows members to upload their Profile image during registration. This can be changed or removed later.
- Text: The common text field allowing user a single line of text.
- DropDown: A drop-down with selection of predefined options. Members can only select one option.
- Radio: A radio-box selection with predefined options. Members can only select one option.
- Text Area: A text area box with ability to add multiple lines of plain text.
- Checkbox: A checkbox selection with predefined options. Members can select multiple options.
- Heading: Large size read only text, useful for creating custom headings.
- Paragraph: This is a read only field which can be used to display formatted content inside the form.
- Date: Allows users to pick a date from dropdown calendar or type it manually.
- Email: A secondary email field.
- Number: Allows user to input value in numbers.
- Country: A drop down list of all countries appears to the user for selection.
- Timezone: A drop down list of all time-zones appears to the user for selection.
- T&C Checkbox: Useful for adding terms and conditions to the form. User must select the check box to continue with submission if you select “Is Required” below.
- File: Display a field to the user for attaching files from his/ her computer.
- Repeatable Text: Allows user to add extra text field boxes to the form for submitting different values. Useful where a field requires multiple user input values.
- Mobile Number: Adds a Mobile number field.
- Phone Number: Adds a phone number field.
- Gender: Gender/ Sex selection radio box.
- Language: Adds a drop down language selection field with common languages as options.
- Divider: Divider for separating fields.
- Spacing: Useful for adding space between fields.
- Multi DropDown: A dropdown field with a twist. Users can now select more than one option.
- Facebook: A speciality URL field for asking Facebook Profile page.
- Twitter: A speciality URL field for asking Twitter Profile page.
- Google+: A speciality URL field for asking Google+ Profile page.
- Linked In: A speciality URL field for asking Linkedin Profile page.
- YouTube: A speciality URL field for asking YouTube Channel or Video page.
- Instagram: Asks User his/ her Instagram Profile.
Selecting any of these options will take control to “New Field” page, where user can enter further details regarding the selected fields. Each field will have some specific set of properties. Few of the commonly repeating ones are as listed following:
- Field Name: Label of the field as it appears on forms and profiles. This does not apply to fields without labels such as Heading, Paragraph, Divider, Spacing.
- Field Description: For your reference only. Not visible on front-end. Description can help you remember the purpose of the field.
- Field Type: Change the type of this field. Please note, changing a type of an existing field with values may result in data loss. Use this carefully.
- Placeholder text: Placeholder text appears inside input box as guidelines to the user. It disappears when the user clicks on the input box. For e.g. Enter your age inside a number input box.
- CSS Class Attribute: If you know a bit of CSS, you can create and assign a custom class to this field. Just enter the name of the class as it appears in your style-sheet. For e.g. my-input-class.
- Maximum Length: Maximum length of the allowed field value in characters (count).
- Field Icon: Jazz up your forms with field icons. Icons appear at the beginning of the label. For best results use a square image. For e.g. 16px x 16px, 256px x 256px, 512px x 512px.
- Associate with Group: Move this field to a different group. Use carefully, since this will remove the field from current group.
- Associate with Section: If you have multiple Profile sections in this group, you can move the field to a different section here. By default, each new field is added to the first section. For e.g. moving a date field labelled Date of Birth from Career section to About section.
- Show in Sign-Up form: The field will appear in the registration form when members sign up for this group. Alternatively, you can hide from the form, and users can then fill it up when editing their profiles later on.
- Required?: Make this field mandatory. Users will receive an error if they try to submit the form without filling up this field.
- Display on Profile Page: Show this field on profile page of the members. It is totally possible to show a field in group registration form but hide from the profile page.
- Display on Group Page: Group pages show snippet of member profiles. While user profile and cover images appear there by default, you can show specific fields in these snippets too. Also adding too many large fields may not look very pretty. Try to strike a balance between information and structure.
- Visible for : Set visibility of the profile field.
- Display in Advance Search: This will display the field in advance search above the members directory on front end. Selecting it during search will allow users to restrict keyword search to selected field(s).
ProfileGrid extensions are sold individually as well as part of Premium and Premium+ bundle plans.
Why our users purchase bundle plans?
Users get access to all extensions in a single, heavily discounted price! In addition, ProfileGrid is in active development and we are developing new and exciting extensions every day.