Are you looking to add menu items WordPress such as Login Logout menu WordPress to the menu bar of your website? Your search ends here. ProfileGrid has come up with an amazing extension for you i.e. Login Logout Menu. Further, the extension will help you easily add contextual login menu items WordPress to your website menu(s) in a few simple clicks. Moreover, it will also offer you options to add User Groups, User Profile, add class to menu item WordPress, and Password Recovery WordPress menu items. Continuing the discussion, in this blog we will talk about the overview of Login Logout Extension, its features, and step by step procedure to add the login menu items to your WordPress website.
Overview of WordPress Login Logout Menu
Before downloading any extension, you should first understand the use and importance of the extension. The Login/ Logout button plays an important role. In addition to that, it helps the users to navigate the website and access its services easily.
With this extension, you can easily add a contextual login/logout button to any WordPress menu on your WordPress website. Further, the menu item will automatically change its name based on the current status of the user, whether the current user is logged in or logged out.
Major Features of the Login Logout Menu WordPress Extension
The extension has many useful features that can offer an amazing experience to a user. Here are some of them listed below:
- You can add a Login/Logout button to any menu on a website.
- The caption of the button will automatically change from login to Log out based on the user’s login state.
- It will also help you in adding items such as User Profile, User Groups, and Password Recovery to the menu bar.
- You can also change the order of the menu items using a drag and drop feature.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Installing a Login Logout Menu Item to the Menu Bar
As we all are aware of the fact that the ProfileGrid login logout menu WordPress plugin offers numerous free and paid extensions to their users. One of the popular ones is the Login Logout Menu Extension. To access the features of the Login Logout Menu extension, you need to download the ProfileGrid login logout menu WordPress plugin, which is available for free.
1. Download and install the WordPress login logout menu plugin, you can easily access a few extensions that come for free with the WordPress login logout menu plugin such as Login Logout Menu.
2. Once the plugin is downloaded and the extension is activated, go to ProfileGrid Menu Integration Settings. A settings page will appear on your screen.
3. On the top of the screen, you will find the “Custom Menu Item” slider button. Turn on this button to display ProfileGrid links inside one or more of your website menus.
4. Select the checkboxes where you wish to display ProfileGrid menu items. The menu items can be set either on “Primary Menu”, “Footer Menu”, or “Social Links Menu”.
5. Now go to the “Reset Password” option and turn on the slider button to Show/Hide Menu, as per the requirement. You can also write the caption in the “Menu Item Name” say, Forgot Password.
6. After adding the Reset Password option to your website menu bar, go to “User Profile” to add “My Profile Item”. Turn on the slider button and provide the required caption in the provided text box say, “My Profile”.
7. Similarly, add “All Groups” and “Login/Logout” items on your menu bar using “User Groups” & “Login” options respectively.
8. Once all settings are done, click on the Save button.
9. When you see the preview of your website, you will find four options on the menu bar i.e. Login, Forgot Password, My Profile, All Groups.
You may find many plugins and extensions online to enhance the functionality of your WordPress Website. However, ProfileGrid is one of the renowned extensions. In addition to that it helps you add profile pages to your website. Further, it also lets you add layouts, menu bars, login logout button, and many more features.
To know about how to integrate the Login Logout Menu Item on your website, refer to the steps that are mentioned in this blog. If there’s anything left that you’d like to know about the Login Logout Extension, leave a comment, we’d love to serve you with the best solutions.