Want to build WordPress profiles for your users?
If you are looking for an ultimate guide for creating the best WordPress profiles, then you have landed on the right page!
Starting from ‘what are WordPress user profiles?’ to ‘how to create an ultimate user profile on your WordPress website?’ our experts have covered it all in this guide.
What are WordPress user profiles?
When a user registers to any WordPress website and creates a profile, the profile is known as WordPress user profiles. These WordPress profiles are given a distinct user role with predefined capabilities.
What are the WordPress user roles?
WordPress allows you to create various user profiles on your WordPress website with user roles. These roles have different predefined capabilities. Depending on these capabilities, a user can carry out multiple activities in the backend.
There are five WordPress user roles on WordPress:
- Super Admin role
WordPress profiles are beneficial for whom?
WordPress profiles are beneficial for all members or community-based websites. It can be used by businesses, SME’s, SMB’s, Enterprises, Startups, e-commerce, social networking sites, membership sites, subscriptions sites, community sites, vlogging sites, blogging sites, educational sites, and more.
How do I create a profile in WordPress?
To create a profile in WordPress you need to register to a WordPress website. Once you register, the website admin will assign you a WordPress user role.
And to enable a user to create a WordPress profile on your website, you need to create a members area with significant user roles. A WordPress profile builder might come in handy to do so.
How do I view profiles in WordPress?
To view the registered profiles in WordPress, you need to go to your Dashboard. Further, under the ‘Users’ option in the backend, you can manage and view user profiles.
How to add an image to a user profile?
To allow your users to add an image to a user profile, you can use the User Photos Extension. Further, the extension allows your users to upload an image to their user profile on the WordPress user profile frontend.
To know more about this extension, check out this complete guide on how to add an image to a user profile.
How do I create a website with users and profiles in WordPress?
To create a community and membership-based website on WordPress that has various user roles and WordPress profile, you’ll need the following:
Once you have all of the above tools, you can follow this guide to create a membership website.
Basic features of a WordPress profile
If you are creating a user based WordPress website for the first time, here is a list of features that your WordPress profiles must have:
- Unique login ID and password: Users should have a unique user login ID and password to login to your WordPress website.
- Custom user profile role: Users should have custom profile roles such as group manager, group admin, blog author, so on and so forth.
You can create custom roles depending on your website type. For example, a dentist’s website can have a dentist group admin, a patient’s role, and more.
- Manage user profiles: Specific to assigned user roles, a user should be able to manage user profiles from the backend.
- User profile reports: Users should be able to track user profile reports.
WordPress frontend user profile features
- A user registration Form: Every site with user profiles must have a user registration form for user registration & user profiles.
- User profile page: The frontend user must have a profile page with all its details.
- User profile image: The user must be able to upload her/his profile image.
- Various user profile fields: The user profile page should have various profile fields such as name, place, date-of-birth, and etc. Know how to add fields to WordPress user profiles.
- The custom slug for WordPress profiles: A user must have their unique user profile slug or URL.
- User profile status: The user should be able to upload their profile status.
- Profile labels: Considering a user’s profile role, the user profile page should display labels such as admin, group manager, editor, and more.
- User display name: Users must have a user display name on their profile page as well as their groups.
- Frontend user search: A user should be able to search other users using a frontend search.
Customizing WordPress profiles with additional features
Apart from the above-mentioned basic features of WordPress profiles, you can customize WordPress profiles with additional features. For example, check out some unique features that you can add to a WordPress user profile:
- User profile groups: Allow your users to create and manage groups on your website.
- Content Restriction: Bar users with a specific role to access various levels of content on your website.
- Group Events: Allow your users to create and manage events on the WordPress user profile frontend.
- Login logout menu: Add a contextual WordPress multi-user login menu item to your website menu.
- Hero Banner: Add a unique widget that displays a grid of all users’ avatars in one banner.
- Front-end Elements Visibility: Allow users with admin roles to turn on or turn off a few elements of the user profile page, group page, and more.
- User Activity: Display various user activities on your WordPress website.
- Advance Group Manager: Allow your group managers to have more privileges by enabling them to manage and moderate users as well as content with their groups.
- Multi-Group Manager: Assign multiple group managers in a user group.
- Automatically Assign Groups: Automatically assign groups to users when a WooCommerce subscription is purchased by them.
- Assign groups based on WooCommerce History: Assign groups automatically to your users based on their WooCommerce purchase history.
- Instagram tab: Add Instagram tab on user profile pages.
- New User Registration Notification: Send WordPress New user registration notification to admin.
To add all these dynamic features to your WordPress profiles, you’ll need a feature-rich WordPress profile builder plugin. And ProfileGrid by Metagauss fits right in! Moving forward, let’s see how ProfileGrid is the ultimate user profile plugin or WordPress membership plugin for WordPress.
ProfileGrid Memberships; One Stop Solution for WordPress Profiles
ProfileGrid by Metagauss is amazing, and one of the leading WordPress user profile plugins on WordPress. Further, this WordPress member profile plugin is loaded with 90+ core features and 13+ core extensions. In addition to that, this best WordPress profile plugin is available in premium and premium+ versions.
Moreover, the premium version of ProfileGrid offers more than 30+ extensions and endless features to make your WordPress profiles the best. Apart from all the features mentioned above, ProfileGrid is capable of adding more value to your WordPress profiles. Check out all the features of the ProfileGrid plugin here.
How to create a user profile?
With ProfileGrid, creating a user profile in WordPress is easier than ever! Follow this step-by-step guide to create your WordPress user profiles.
Installing ProfileGrid WordPress profile builder
Step1: Go to the ProfileGrid Extensions page or simply click the button below.
Step2: Click on the Download button and download the ProfileGrid WordPress plugin file.
Step3: Further, open your WordPress ‘Dashboard’ and click on ‘Plugins’ below ‘Appearances’ on the left menu bar.
Step4: Click on the ‘Add New’ > ‘Upload plugin’
Step5: Once your WordPress profile plugin file is updated, click on Activate to start using your WordPress profile plugin.
Creating a user profile
With ProfileGrid, you do not need to create a page for every single user. Moreover, you can simply create a user profile in WordPress with WordPress User Profiles Shortcodes. Follow the steps below to create your first user profile:
Step1: Open your WordPress dashboard and scroll down to ‘ProfileGrid’ on the left menu.
Step2: Click on ProfileGrid and you will see a drop-down menu.
Step3: Further, click on ‘Shortcodes’
Step4: A list of Shortcodes will appear on the page. Select the code [profilegrid_profile] and copy it.
Step5: Create a new page and paste the code in the description. Also, you can name the page.
Step6: Click the ‘Publish’ button to create your user profile.
For more advanced user profiles, check out this complete guide.
With this ultimate guide for creating the best WordPress profiles, you are all set to build your own website with WordPress profiles. We have included all the essential information related to WordPress profiles in this blog. Let’s go over some of the highlights of this blog once more:
- There are five WordPress user roles on WordPress, namely, Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor, and Super Admin role.
- Further, your User Profiles should have all the basic features.
- You can customize user profiles with a WordPress profiles plugin.
- ProfileGrid is one of the best WordPress user profile plugins.